Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2010 Census

I'm a federal employee now working for the 2010 census, which requires me, all by myself, to drive down every road I see in my designated area (the backcountry north of Dover) and knock on every door that "is or could be a residence." I think my attitude about carrying guns might be changing. Between the dogs, the bears, the cougars which do live in these mountains despite what the Game and Fish Commission says, and the mountain men just waiting for someone from the federal government to come knock on their door I'm not sure how smart this is, but for $11.25/hour I might be willing to take the chance of getting mauled by a bear or being shot at by a crazy militia member. I've got nothing good right now, and I know it's been a while since I've posted anything or had the energy to, but I anticipate some pretty good stories-if I make it out alive. If you don't hear anything from me in the next couple of weeks send out a search party. This is so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment